Ballast from ETI with 250 Watt power. It is suitable for both sodium vapour lamps (HPS) and metal halogen lamps (MHL).
Advantages of this device
This device is a simple ballast in solid quality. Compared to the Low Budget-Variant is this device already wired and installed in a plastic housing.
The starter and the capacitor are mounted together on one board. This completely eliminates the need for cables inside the device. This significantly increases the operational safety.
In addition, the ballast unit is equipped with a thermal fuse which switches off the unit in case of overheating
Differences to a cheaper device
- Plug and Play (= already wired): simply unpack, connect and start
- installed in plastic housing, offers a little more safety
Differences to a higher quality device
- Operating noises: during operation you hear a permanent buzzing. High-quality ballasts are significantly quieter or noiseless.
- Heat development: the device becomes very hot during operation. It must be kept in a safe place. Under no circumstances may it come into contact with flammable materials.
- Not dimmable: higher quality devices offer adjustment possibilities for the output.
Show all products by ETI